The term "co-working" is used when people come together in a neutral space to work independently on different projects. This is a relatively new form of working together. Start-up companies, EPUs, larger companies and - as at the OIC - university institutes, use a large, common open space referred to as the 'co-working space'. Members can take advantage of the synergies in this space to not only implement joint projects, but also work independently.
In addition to the workspaces, the LIT Open Innovation Center also provides its members with all of the required infrastructure, such as meeting rooms, WiFi services, and printers.
Our daily activities are based on the five co-working values:
- Collaboration – by supporting each other, helping each other, and encouraging new initiatives in a targeted way.
- Openness – we are open and receptive to ideas and interacting with each other
- Sustainability – by sharing resources
- Community – we foster a sense of community, offering active spaces and event to get to know each other
- Accessibility– in general, the space is accessible 24/7