- Use and discover digital technologies
- Apply computational thinking for all subject areas and grade levels
- Create and develop digital products suche as websites, apps, games)
The innovative educational-learning lab for digital education & computational thinking.
The COOL Lab is
- A teaching, learning, creative, and research lab for ALL subject areas
- with different topics to explore at the lab in which,
- depending on personal interests, visitors can take on the role of student, educator, researcher, or developer and
- try out and use the most recent technologies.
COOL stands for...
- COoperative Open Learning
- COmputer(Science)-Supported Open Learning (technologies and computer science concepts to support teaching and learning in all subject areas)
- Cross-Curricular Open and Online Learning as well as
- "Cool" as in motivating, creative, exciting, playful, etc.
Linz School of Education
Johannes Kepler University Linz
Altenberger Straße 69
Altenbergerstraße 54, Ground Floor
Mon-Thurs: 8.00 AM - 5.00 PM
Fri: 8.00 AM - 12.00 PM
Presented with the eEducation Experts Seal!
Our efforts to help students acquire and improve their digital skills have allowed us to acheive the status of eEducation Experts for the 2018/2019 school year.
We focus on the following topics:
Digital Literacy & Computer Science
Teach & Learn
- Plan and implement creating, technology-based lessons
- Learn and apply innovative teaching and learning strategies and tools
- Support learning skills suchs as understanding texts, solving problems, and logical thinking, etc.
Research & Practice
- Internships and vocational direction for school students
- Topic pools for pre-academic papers and Matura projects
- School and research projects for and with partner schools
Engineering & Natural Sciences
- Spark interest for Natural Sciences, Computer Science and Engineering
- Support young, gifted students
- Strengthen expertise and skills
Language(s) & Communication Skills
- Text comprehension and production in various subject areas
- Language(s) in Natural Sciences and Computer Science (such as "formula languages" in mathematics, gender-sensitive use of language in natural sciences, communication between people and computers)
- Learn and apply programming languages and foreign languages
The COOL LAB offers the following programs:
Workshops for School Classes and Teachers in All Subjects and Grade Levels