Game Factory: We develop our own learning game.
No matter if a child or an adult, playing games is fun. Furthermore, games promote your problem-solving-ability, train social competences and increase cohesion. To ensure that fun of gaming isn't lost in teaching, the pupils are going develop their own learning game. Analog, digital, or a mix of both; everything is possible because creativity has no limit. The development of this learning game consists of 2 phases. In the first phase, the procedure and the rules are modeled precisely with the help of computer science diagrams, to simplify the conversion to analog and/or digital. With this, you not only promote the spirit of research but you can also include the curriculum for digital education integratively in the lesson. You and your pupils are going to be supported by teacher trainees and the COOL Lab Team from the Johannes Kepler University in Linz and receive an introduction to modeling. The learning games are going to be presented at the Johannes Kepler University Linz on the 24th of April 2020 and the best project will be awarded.
- School classes/groups, all subjects, 1-8th grade
- For teachers, the children's congress is an advanced training course at the PH (duration: 4 hours)
Appointments and Registration
- Until 14.10.2019 non-committal registration to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kick-Off for teacher and students on the 21.10.2019 15:00-16:30 PH-training course
- Until 15.11.2019 submission of your project idea (selection through a jury). We also help you with the brainstorming for an idea!
- Visiting the COOL Lab at JKU (individual appointment)
- Until April 2020 executing the project in the classes
- Until 31.03.2020 submission of a short project-report
- 24.04.2020 children's congress at JKU (8:30-14:00)
Linz School of Education
Johannes Kepler University Linz
Altenberger Straße 69
Altenbergerstraße 54, Ground Floor
Mon-Thurs: 8.00 - 5.00 PM
Fri: 8.00 AM - 12.00 PM