Co-Registered Students.

Are you currently enrolled at another university in Austria but need to take a class at the JKU? Then you can enroll at the JKU as a 'co-registered student' and start!

Co-registered students (="MitbelegerInnen") are students enrolled at another university (their "home" or "primary" university) but who are required take courses at the JKU for credit (because, for example, the home university does not offer the required course).


How Do I Enroll Under "Co-Register Students" Status?

In order to take courses as a co-registered student at the JKU for credit, you must be enrolled at the university. Complete the registration and then come to the Admissions Office at the JKU to complete the enrollment procedure in person.

What Documents Do I Have to Bring?

  • Valid passport
  • School-leaving certificate (university entrance qualifications)
  • Proof of Austrian social insurance (E-card and insurance number)
  • Confirmation of having successfully completed the online enrollment procedure
  • Most recent student record sheet (=Studienblatt) issued by your home university
  • Marriage certificate (in the event that names on documents do not match)
  • If applicable, proof of having successfully completed an academic degree program (diploma, conferral notification, etc.)
  • Confirmation issued by studies administration office at your home university stating that the course(s) you will take at the Johannes Kepler University are not offered or available at your home university.

Do I Have to Pay the Austrian Student Union Fee Twice?

No, but please note that you must pay any tuition fees at your home university (the university you earning your degree at). Payment must be indicated on the most recent version of your student record sheet each semester. Please bring the document to the Johannes Kepler University Linz each semester.