Credit Transfer/Examination Credit - International.

If you are completing a degree at the JKU and have taken examinations as part of an official exchange program, please see the information below in regards to credit transfer/examination recognition. If you have taken examinations abroad and were not part of an official exchange program, you must apply for credit transfer/examination recognition via credit transfer - Austria.

Students must submit a form to confirm credit transfer for their degree BEFORE beginning an exchange program abroad. The so-called "advance pre-approval notification" is an integral part of an exchange program (and for receiving the exchange scholarship).

The application lists the courses you intend to take at the host university and the curriculum equivalent at the JKU.

Additional information about the application procedure, contact persons etc.pertaining to your major can be found in the fact sheets below:

Application Forms

Only for students in Engineering & Natural Sciences or Teacher Education Studies (Secondary Level):

Business Informatics Students:

Subjects and/or Course Exchange

Submit an application to approve the transfer up to a total of 18 ECTS credits (depending on the curriculum) to be substituted by other major-related subjects or courses.
You can do this for WIWI, KUWI, M-CH-PH and KUST; this is a supplement or alternative to credit transfer/examination recognition.
Contact the responsible person (consult the fact sheet or contact the Office of Examinations and Recognition Services).