If you are completing a degree at the JKU and have taken examinations as part of an official exchange program, please see the information below in regards to credit transfer/examination recognition. If you have taken examinations abroad and were not part of an official exchange program, you must apply for credit transfer/examination recognition via credit transfer - Austria.
Students must submit a form to confirm credit transfer for their degree BEFORE beginning an exchange program abroad. The so-called "advance pre-approval notification" is an integral part of an exchange program (and for receiving the exchange scholarship).
The application lists the courses you intend to take at the host university and the curriculum equivalent at the JKU.
Additional information about the application procedure, contact persons etc.pertaining to your major can be found in the fact sheets below:
- Fact Sheet Credit Transfer/Exam Recognition General Information (126,1 KB)
- Fact Sheet Credit Transfer/Exam Recognition Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, PolymerEngineering (135,6 KB)
- Fact Sheet Credit Transfer/Exam Recognition Computer Science (137,0 KB)
- Fact Sheet Credit Transfer/Exam Recognition Law (112,7 KB)
- Fact Sheet Credit Transfer/Exam Recognition Mechatronics, ELIT (150,2 KB)
- Info Session Slides "How Does Credit Transfer Work?" (for SOWI Students) (53,8 KB)
- Information for Credit Transfer/Exam Recognition in Business Administration
Only for students in Engineering & Natural Sciences or Teacher Education Studies (Secondary Level):
Subjects and/or Course Exchange
Submit an application to approve the transfer up to a total of 18 ECTS credits (depending on the curriculum) to be substituted by other major-related subjects or courses.
You can do this for WIWI, KUWI, M-CH-PH and KUST; this is a supplement or alternative to credit transfer/examination recognition.
Contact the responsible person (consult the fact sheet or contact the Office of Examinations and Recognition Services).