1) Register Online in March and Pay the Administrative Fee:
Please note you may not register and pay the fee using a mobile device (smart phones) or a tablet that has an unstable internet connection. After successfully registering, you will receive confirmation of registration per e-mail.
2) Entrance Examination in July:
The all-day written entrance examination will take place at the Design Center in Linz.
- Test registration will start on-site beginning at 7:00 AM
- Test Begins: 9:00 AM
- Test Ends: Approximately 3:40 PM
Please note that on test day you must bring a valid photo ID (ID card, passport) and your registration confirmation with you.
You will also need your reference number (MedAT number) when filling out test documents. Memorize this number!
On test day you can bring only one transparent drink bottle (plastic) in the room with you. You must check all other items in at the cloakroam.
Writing utensils will be provided by the JKU on testing day.
The test focuses on the following areas:
- Basic knowledge for the study of medicine (biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics)
- Text comprehension
- Cognitive abilities and skills (number sequences, memory and memory retention, composing figures, word fluency, recognizing implications)
- Socio-emotional skills (recognize emotions, social decisions)
Click here for detailed information.
Please note that the test is given in German only.
The Medical University of Graz offers preparation courses in support of the written online entrance examination via "Virtuellen Medizinischen Campus (VMC)". See VMC for more information.