Students with Disabilities/Chronic Illness.
Access to Lecture Halls, Seminar Rooms, Institute Offices, Libraries:
- All buildings are fully handicap accessible
- All buildings have elevators (the rear wing of the Keplergebäude building has a stairlift) so that all floors are accessible
- There is a key for the stairlift available at the department of Facilities Management
Access to the Science Park Buildings (I-III)
These buildings have revolving doors that could be a barrier for those who have disabilities. Disabled individuals can have their KeplerCard activated to be able to open the adjacent sliding door
Please contact the Department of Facilities Management to activate your card.
Access to Schloss Auhof
- Office of the Rector, University Management Offices, Offices of the Vice-Rectors, Operations Management, and the JKU Legal Department are located on the first and second floors. Elevator access is available.
Disabled Toilets in the Following Buildings
- Management Center, Ground Floor
- Kopfgebäude Building, Ground Floor
- Keplergebäude Building, Ground Floor
- Uni Center, Basement Level
- TN Tower, 3rd Floor
- Library, 1st Floor East Wing
- Bank Building, Ground Floor
JKU Campus Parking Lot
- Disabled students who have an ID card in accordance with § 29 b STVO can apply for a parking permit at the central administration office, Office of the University Director
- This parking permit allows you to park in the campus parking lot for free
- There is a special chip card available to activate the parking lot barrier. Show your parking permit at the Dept. of Facilities Management in order to get the chip card (deposit required)
If you encounter any barriers while on the JKU campus, please contact the Institute for Integrated Studies or the JKU's disability representatives.