Did you choose the right major for you? After completing the StEOP requirements, you will know for sure! New students get a detailed overview of what exactly your selected Bachelor's or Diploma degree program entails.
The StEOP requirements include mandatory courses that you must take and pass at the beginning of your studies. Check your program curriculum to find out what these courses are.
Please note: You must take and pass the StEOP classes before continuing on in the program. You may take and pass some classes in additional to the StEOP classes but only a lmited number.
Additional information about the StEOP requirements are in the "FAQs" section below:
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to complete the StEOP requirements?
What are the StEOP courses I have to pass?
How often can I take an examination within the StEOP requirements?
The StEOP (course) examinations may only be repeated three times (= 4 attempts).
Students who fail the last attempt at passing a required examination in the StEOP program as outlined in the curriculum will be disenrolled from the university. Students who wish to re-enroll in the program must wait at least three semesters to re-apply after being disenrolled. Students may only apply for re-admission twice.
What do I have to do after I have successfully passed the required StEOP courses?
The KUSSS system checks daily to see if all courses/examinations required to successfully complete the StEOP portion of the program have been completed and a final grade has been entered in KUSSS. Completion of the StEOP requirements are then automatically considered completed.
- In individual cases (such as credit transfer) completion of the StEOP portion of the program may not occur automatically, even though all required final courses/examination grades in fulfillment of StEOP requirements are available. In this case, please send an e-mail to the Office of Examination and Recognition Services.
- If you are enrolled in more than one major, the (course) examinations for that major must have final grades available, in which they are also part of the StEOP requirements.
Example: If you are required to complete StEOP courses for the Bachelor's degree program in Business Informatics but have completed the corresponding courses as part of the Bachelor's degree program in Social Sciences, Economics & Business, the course does not count as completed for the Business Informatics program. In this regard, the grades must first be counted toward the Bachelor's degree program in Business Informatics or the major study code must be corrected. For additional information, please contact the Office of Examination and Recognition Services.
What happens if don't pass the StEOP classes?
Students who fail the last attempt at passing a required examination in the StEOP program as outlined in the curriculum will be disenrolled from the university.
I have passed all StEOP course examinations,
however the grades are still pending. Can I
still sign up for additional classes?
In this case, you can only sign up for additional classes in KUSSS conditionally, especially those courses that require having passed the StEOP examinations as a pre-requisite. This also applies to courses with a stated ECTS limit. You can find corresponding information in KUSSS when you sign up for classes and in the section "Meine Anmeldungen".
- You can only get a grade for "conditional registrations" if you have actually fulfilled your StEOP requirements on time and/or if the ECTS limit has not yet been reached. Any coursework you have completed for classes that you were not yet allowed to complete will otherwise be null and void!
- Any fees paid for fee-based courses will not be refunded.
- If you end up not being able to fulfill the StEOP requirements, you must log in to KUSS to drop the course and/or contact the institute/course instructor in order to withdraw from the class.