Professorship for Complex Systems
In accordance with § 94 Sec. 2 subpara. 1 of the Austrian Universities Act, the Faculty of Engineering & Natural Sciences at the Johannes Kepler University Linz announces a tenured faculty opening for a University Professor for Complex Systems
The Faculty of Engineering & Natural Sciences at the Johannes Kepler University invites applications for a tenured professorship under private law for a Professor for Complex Systems to begin immediately. The appointment is in accordance with § 98 of the Austrian Universities Act and an evaluation will be conducted after a four-year period.
The professorship position should focus on the development, design, implementation, or theory of Complex Systems. Complex systems should be understood in a broad interpretation and cover both theoretical and real-world aspects. Focal points can be in both methodological aspects as well as in specific fields of application, including but not limited to:
- Engineering complex systems, such as embedded systems, parallel and distributed systems, non-linear systems, autonomous and self-organizing systems, systems of systems, networks of networks, cyber physical systems, bio-inspired systems, etc.,
- Algorithmics and computer-aided methods,
- Formal methods, modeling, and analysis,
- Design methodology and synthesis,
- Simulation methods and tools.