Rothschild School's Research Seminar
29. März - Tobias Thomas, Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf: Media Impact on Perception and Behavior in Democracies
Prof. Dr. Tobias Thomas is Director General of Statistics Austria. In addition, he is adjunct Professor of Economics at the Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE) at Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf as well as CMDS Fellow at the Central European University (CEU) in Budapest. Furthermore, Thomas is vice president of the Austrian Statistical Society (ÖSG) and member of the standing field committee for Economic Systems and Institutional Economics of the German Economic Association, one of the largest professional economics associations in Europe.
* "Can media drive the electorate? The impact of media coverage on voting intentions”, European Journal of Political Economy, 58 (2019), 245-261, (mit R. Dewenter, R. & M. Linder)
* “Does the 4th Estate Deliver? The Political Coverage Index and its Application to Media Capture”. Constitutional Political Economy, 31 (2020), 292-328 (with R. Dewenter and U. Dulleck)
* “Media Coverage and Immigration Worries: Econometric Evidence”. Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, 160 (2019), 52-67 (with C. Benesch, S. Loretz and D. Stadelmann).
* “The Distance Bias in Natural Disaster Reporting - empirical evidence for the United States”. Applied Economic Letters, 16 (2019), 1026-1032 (with M. Berlemann).
18:00 - 19:30 Uhr