3-year PhD Position in Multi-Objective Optimization
The Institute of Production and Logistics Management at the Johannes Kepler University Linz is inviting applications for a 3-year PhD position within the FWF-funded project “Multi-Objective Mixed Integer Programming”
Starting date: September 1, 2018.
The project concerns the development of generic branch-and-bound based methods for bi-objective and three-objective (mixed) integer optimization problems. The successful candidate should have
- Master’s degree in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
- C++/python programming skills
- experience with Gurobi or CPLEX
- a background in mathematical programming (especially mixed integer programming) and optimization
- a strong interest in multi-objective optimization
The salary follows FWF-rules for doctoral candidates: https://www.fwf.ac.at/en/research-funding/personnel-costs/
Participation and presentations at scientific conferences are expected and will be funded.
If you are interested in working in a young international research team at one of the nicest campus universities in Austria, please send the following documents
- motivation letter
- detailed CV
- list of MSc courses and grades
- Master’s thesis (if in another language than English, a three-page abstract in English)
- reference letter/contact details of references
- list of publications (if any)
to email@example.com (Prof. Sophie Parragh) until July 31, 2018.
Applications will be considered until the position is filled.