Our aim is to contribute to the success of JKU by excellent research and teaching in the area statistics. Within the oldest statistics study program of the German-speaking world we offer a profound education, which offers our graduates best chances in the job market. From the research perspective, we contribute to the development of statistics itself as well as to the development of appropriate statistical methods for interdisciplinary research questions. Therefore, we cooperate with scientists of different research fields and with representatives of the economy.
- Our research projects focus on the development of methods applicable for new questions arising from applications, statistical modelling as well as design of experiments, biostatistics and computational statistics among others.
- We document our research output among others by pulications in leading journals.
- Besides relevant papers we contribute to the scientific development of JKU by interdisciplinary cooperations with internal and external associates.
- Within the scope of our study focus Data Science cooperations are/were running with companies such as Hofer, Greiner, voestalpine or Pöttinger.
- Within the scope of our study focus Official Statistics we cooperate closely with Statistik Austria, also in the form of internships.
- Cooperations in the area of biostatistics are existing/have existed among others with the medical faculty (Kepler Klinikum) as well as the University of Veterinary Medicine, Vienna within the FWF doctoral program population genetics.
Institute of Applied Statistics
Johannes Kepler Universität Linz
Altenberger Straße 69
Science Park 2, Intermediate Storey, Room S2 0063
Opening hours sectretary's office
Mo-Fr: 08.00 - 12.00 o'clock
Mo-Th: 13.00 - 16.00 o'clock
+43 732 2468 6801
+43 732 2468 6820
Statistically speaking, statistics graduates have strong career prospects. But what exactly is so fascinating about juggling numbers?