- Lecturer in Philosophy: JKU Linz.
- Teacher for English and Computer Science, at a Berlin high school; assistant head teacher.
- Lecturer for English and Business English: University of Applied Sciences Erding, Campus Berlin.
- Teacher for English, Politics, History, Spanish, at Viktor-Klemperer-Kolleg, Berlin-Marzahn, a secondary school for adults.
- Lecturer for Scientiﬁc Writing at the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai.
- Lecturer for Scientiﬁc Writing and Presentation Skills:
Berlin Mathematical School; Graduate School of North American Studies; Dahlem Research School; Exzellenzcluster Languages of Emotion; Berlin Graduate School Muslim Cultures and Societies.
- Lecturer for English, Scientific Writing, Public Speaking: Free University Berlin.
- Freelance journalist, eg for: c’t, telepolis, Technology Review; Frankfurter Rundschau, Berliner Zeitung, taz, neues deutschland, der Freitag.
- Intern with the business journal brand eins, Hamburg, Germany.
- Trained as Journal Editor, c’t computer magazine, Heise-Verlag, Hannover, Germany.
- Volunteer worker with the Queensland Conservation Council, Brisbane, Australia
- PhD in Philosophy; JKU Linz (Prof. Gadenne).
Dissertation on “Karl Popper’s Critical Rationalism as the Enlightenment for the 21st century”.
Grade: “sehr gut – mit Auszeichnung” (equivalent summa cum laude).
- BSc in Bioinformatics/Computational Biology; Free University Berlin. Students’ Union President.
Thesis on “3D classification of transcription factor binding sites”.
- Dipl.-Übersetzer (equivalent M.A. in Translation Studies) for English and Spanish with a minor in Law; Mainz University (Germersheim). Thesis on “Quality in Translation”.
BA (Hons) in Modern Languages and European Studies; University of the West of England, Bristol