Corona - CORONA - Corona After the Covid-related suspension of sports courses at the University SPORT Institute in SS 2020, we are planning to begin the Winter Semester (i.e. starting in October) as usual.USI Covid Concept (German only)
Get Moving - Choose from Over 150 USI Courses!
Looking to work up a sweat, practice martial arts skills, play, relax, dance, or just engage in healthy exercise:
Here you will find conventional or popular classes, different types of conditioning courses, calming exercise classes - virtually everything to get you up and moving.
Join us: university and college students, employees, and alumni can sign up for classes. Non-university affiliated persons can take available open spots.
This is how it works:
Each semester, the USI offers approximately 150 courses. Click on the complete course search to learn more and find individual courses and class information (location, times, costs, content, etc.) or conduct an advance search for these categories:
- Conditioning & Fitness
- Ball Sports
Basketball, Football (Soccer), Volleyball, Badminton, Hockey, Frisbee, Tennis
- Water Sports
Swimming, Aquarobics, Paddling, Diving
- Martial Arts
Taekwondo, Self-Defense, Aikido, Fencing
Latin American Dances, Standard Latin American Dancing for Couples, Salsa, Ballet, Belly-Dancing, Jazz, Hip Hop, Break Dance, Afro, Capoeira
- Additional Classes
Qi Gong, Yoga, the Feldenkrais Method, Autogenic Training, Meditation, Juggling, Parcour, Gymnastics, Mountain Biking
- Sport Weeks, Camps & Workshop
Back-Country Skiing, Cross-Country Skiing, Climbing Camps.....
- XUNDES für JKU-Mitarbeiter*innen - Keeping JKU Employees HEALTHY
Keeping JKU employees fit and healthy! JKU employees can attend these courses for free during work hours. Topics include Power Break, Morning Flow, Back Exercises
You will have to register when signing up for the first time. JKU employees are automatically registered. All others can register at the USI office at the same time as signing up for classes or beforehand via e-mail. Click here for additional information about signing up.
Students and JKU employees are automatically registered and after entering the registration number, you can request the password here and book USI courses from the start of the online registration (see course registration).
The registration numbers are as follows:
- Students: Student ID Number (omit the "k")
Note: The student ID number must be 8 digits! If you have an older student ID number, add a "0" in the front.
- Employees: Austrian social insurance number (10 digits), or, if preferred, the first 4 letters of your last name and 6-digit date-of-birth.
Dates and Registration
Courses offered by the University SPORTS Institute at the JKU are generally open to all adults. First preference will be given to university-affiliated persons as follows:
|Registration for||Winter Semester 2020/2021||Summer Semester 2021|
|University-affiliated persons age 17+ (students and employees) at universities and universities of applied sciences||beg. 25.9.2020||beg. 15.2.2021|
|University alumni, and Matura class school students||beg. 30.9.2020||beg. 22.2.2021|
|Allocation of all available spots - open to all (must be of adult age)||beg. 5.10.2020||beg. 1.3.2021|
Additional Important Information:
- Participants must register for courses before the course officially begins. Class participation cards are non-transferable.
- Some course instructors allow prospective participants to sit in on a class session before signing up for it. Please first consult with the course instructor on whether or not you may sit in on a class.
- Participants have until October 23 (Winter Semester 2020/2021) or March 19, 2021 (Summer Semester 2021) to drop a class (in person or by phone).
- If you choose to drop or withdraw from a course, the fee will not be refunded.
Schedule for USI Sports Classes
Here you can find information about when courses begin. Individual courses can start later or end sooner. Check the course search for a course's exact starting and end date(s).
Winter Semester 2020/2021
|Courses Start||Monday, October 5|
|Courses End||Sunday, January 31|
Classes will not be held on the following days:
|Monday, November 2|| |
All Souls Day
|Monday, December 21 to Wednesday, January 6||Christmas Break|
Summer Semester 2021
|Courses Start||Monday, March 1|
Wed. June 30
Classes will not be held on the following days:
|Monday, March 29, to Saturday, April 10||Easter Break|
Tuesday, May 4
|Patron Saint Day|
|Tuesday, May 25||Pentecost Break|
|Friday, June 4||Rector's Day|
There are three prices for each course (Tariff 1 / Tariff 2 / Tariff 3)::
|Many Courses||More Time-Consuming Courses|
|Tariff 1||€ 14.00||€ 18.00|
|Tariff 2||€ 21.00||€ 27.00|
|Tariff 3||€ 28.00||€ 36.00|
NOTE: Courses that have special conditions may cost more.
See below to find the price that applies to you:
- Degree-seeking students from Austrian universities and universities of applied sciences under age 30,
- Employees from the JKU or the Linz University of Art & Design under the age of 30,
- Students in secondary-level Matura classes
- Degree-seeking students from Austrian universities and universities of applied sciences age 30+
- Employees from the JKU or the Linz University of Art & Design age 30+
- Applies to everyone else (alumni,...)
The tariffs cover the course participation fee for the entire semester. The number of dates is limited for short courses.
Canceling up to 30% of the scheduled course dates do not mean an aliquot refund of the fees. If a course must be canceled completely due to a low number of participants, for example, course fees will be refunded.
Many USI events take place in public school buildings. We would like to expressly point out that whether indoors or outdoors, there is a strict NO SMOKING POLICY on school grounds.
Close to the JKU Campus
- Kepler Hall, JKU Campus, Altenberger Straße 69
- School Sports Hall at the Auhof School Center (Bundesschulzentrums Auhof (BSZ), Aubrunnerweg 4
- Sports Hall and Swimming Pool at the Int'l Student Center, Julius-Raab-Str. 10
- USI Studio "NEW" in the Kepler Hall, JKU Campus, Altenberger Straße 69
- Mirror Hall at the Int'l Student Center, Julius-Raab-Str. 10
- Auhof Primary School, Aubrunnerweg 43
- ADM Hall, Julius-Raab-Str. 6-8
- Climbing Park Urfahr, Julius-Raab-Str. 5
- Catholic Student Dormitory (KHG-Heim), Mengerstr. 23
- Protestant Student Dorm (Evangelisches Studentenheim), Julius-Raab-Str. 1-3
- ASKÖ Tennis Courts Linz-Auhof, Koglerweg 20
- Linz Civic Center (Neues Rathaus), Hauptstr. 1, Seminar Rm. 2
- Community Center Ferdinand-Markl-Str. 4
- Community Center Harbach, Im Bachlfeld 31a
- Community Center Dornach, Niedermayrweg 7
- ASKÖ Sports Center (ABC), Hölderlinstr. 26
- HBLA Lentia, Blütenstr. 24, back entrance
- Hillinger Senior Center, Kaarstr. 15-17
- Jahn School, Jahnstr. 7
- Robinson School, Kaltenhauserstr. 2
Linz - City Center
- BORG School, Honauerstr. 24
- Red Sparta, Ludlgasse 19
- 1st Linz Ballet School, Bethlehemstr. 24
- Community Center Franckviertel, Franckstr. 68
- Otto Glöckel School (fencing hall), Wienerstr. 42
- CrossFit Studio, Friedhofstr. 4
Linz - South
- Climbing Center (Kletterhalle) Linz / Auwiesen, Auwiesenstr. 202
- Union FreeRunning Academy, Wieningerstr. 11
Participation in events and the use of USI facilities and equipment are generally subject to one’s own risk and by mutual agreement that the USI or the other facility owners are not liable in cases of accidents or theft.
We ask that course participants be aware of and participate within his/her own individual physical capacity. Before participating in general physical activity, we recommend consulting with your own physician or health care specialist and following his/her advice. Please be considerate towards others. Accidents will be considered as recreational accidents for which you will be solely responsible for.
Reserve the Soccer Field and Beach Volleyball Courts
Starting now, you can book T´the new soccer field and beach volleyball courts on campus! Just click on the link below and find the time and day that suits you best.
If you have questions, please send an e-mail to: email@example.com.
Detailed info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our course instructors are our most important asset. We are always interested in receiving applications from qualified instructors for new and existing classes! Send us your application and CV by e-mail, in writing, or call us. Even if there is no current position open, we will keep your application on file and contact you later on.
We are currently looking for a volleyball instructor.....
EM GOLD for JKU Students in Beach Volleyball
JKU students Florian Schnetzer and Peter Eglseer win gold at the 2019 European Beach Volleyball Championship for students in Koper. Photo right - left is the second Austrian team from the UNI Graz.