Every successful company once started off small with an innovative idea or technology. But then what? What's the next step? What kind of potential does your invention have? The Knowledge Transfer Center at the JKU helps clarify these questions and support those who are interested in entrepreneurship directly on campus. This lets you take the next steps towards creating a successful business.
Spin-Offs - Austrian Research Promotion Agency Fellowships
This program is an attractive opportunity for researchers to continue developing their ideas or technologies and successfully apply them as a real-world business approach.
Goals and Tasks
We take over the central tasks of supporting and coordinating fellows in the Austrian Research Promotion Agency "Spin-off Fellowship Program". Essentially, we act as coordinator and initial contact point for all participants in the Fellowship program:
- Information about the Spin-Off Fellowship Support Program for (potential) candidates
- Serve as the initial contact point for interested researchers to contact responsible individuals in the network.
- Networking activities and coordinating support services for Fellows as part of their projects: Provide information about support services (bootcamps, advising, mentoring, coaching sessions, etc.)
- Provide information about continual education measures and coaching sessions for applicants.
- Coordinate the partner networks and facilitate communication between partners with continual information exchange.
Are you interested? Would you like to learn more?
Mag. Isabella Staska
Use synergies in research and utilization and professionally handle intellectual property: To this end, Austrian universities cooperate with partners at local Knowledge Transfer Centers (WTZ), including the JKU.
The Johannes Kepler University is a part of the Wissenstransferzentrum West, together with the universities in Linz, Salzburg and Innsbruck as well as partners tech2b, CAST and MCI.