- At the entrance of Altenbergerstraße
- Management Center
- Kopfgebäude Building (near In-House Services)
- Semiconductor Physics Bldg.
There are many ways to get to the JKU. The biggest question students ask themselves when driving to campus is: Where can I park? The JKU campus is a car-free zone, however there are parking lots located close to campus.
There are three parking lots near campus and one underground car park located below the Science Park. In total, there are approximately 1,365 parking spaces available, of which about 400 spots are for short-term parkers. The rest is reserved for long-term parkers. You can access the main campus P1 parking lot from Altenberger Straße or from Mengerstraße.
The JKU campus is a car-free zone. The parking spaces on campus are only for handicap parking, service vehicles, emergency vehicles, or deliveries between 6.00 - 9.00 AM.
|Outside Lot P1||Outside Lot P2||Underground Garage T3||P4 Lot Closed|
Parking for Students / Visitors
Parking for Long-Term Parkers
Day Rate for Students
Day Rate for Students (Underground garage, 12 hours)
|€ 3.30 (afterwards € 0.50 / each 30 minutes)|
Day Rate for Visitors
€ 1.00 for 30 minutes
Semester Parking Permit for Students
Parking fees apply on Sundays and holidays. Following parking ticket machines are available:
P1 Outside Parking Lot
P2 Outside Parking Lot
- At the lot exit
T3 Underground Garage
- Science Park 1 - Staircase 1
- Science Park 1 - Staircase 2
- Science Park 2 - At the south stairwell access
- Science Park 3 - At the north stairwell access
Semester Parking Permit
Students can purchase a semester parking permit at the Department of Facilities Management using their JKU Card. The permit costs €109 for the semester and can be paid for in cash or by using your ATM card. When entering or exiting the parking lot, place the chip on your JKU card on the black reader field on the machine to raise the parking barrier.
Handicapped individuals who have an ID card in accordance with §29b StVO are permitted to use the green marked paths to drive on to campus and access the Science Park (T3) underground garage and are not subject to paying the parking fee. Handicap parking spaces are located:
Parking and Boarding for Busses
There is turn-around loop for busses and other vehicles on Altenbergerstraße across the street from Schloss Auhof. Busses may stop briefly so that passengers can board or disembark. A parking area for buses is located under the "Mühlkreis" highway bridge on the Freistädter Straße, just at the entrance to Lake Plesching.
Bicycle stands are located on campus:
- At the front of the TN Tower
- Between the Microelectronics Building annd the Semiconductor Physics Building
- At the front of the Management Center
- At both ends of the Keplergebäude Building
- At the front of the Uni Center (University Cafeteria)
- Between the Science Park building 1 and Science Park building 2
- Behind the Science Park 2 building
- Behind the Science Park 3 building