Short & sweet, informative & surprising: Here are some interesting facts and figures about the JKU:
4 + 3
- Faculty of Social Sciences, Economics & Business (SOWI, founded 1966)
- Faculty of Law (RE, founded 1975)
- Faculty of Engineering & Natural Sciences (TN, founded 1969)
- Faculty of Medicine (MED, founded 2014)
Approximately 20,000 Students:
- LAW: 21 institutes, 8,000 students
- MED: 32 institutes, 360 students
- TN: 59 institutes, 4.500 students
- SOWI: 41 institutes, 7.000 students
Over 14% of the student body at the JKU consists of international students from 100 different countries
Annual budget: approximately EUR 150 million (70% federal funding, 30% external funding)
2 Wittgenstein Award Winners (Prof. Widmer / Artifical Intelligence; Prof. Sariciftci / Renewable Energies)
150 - 50 - 1026
Collaboration with over 150 universities, partnership agreements with universities in 50 countries, and 1026 English-language courses offered during the academic year
1 (of a Kind)
The JKU campus is unique in Austria as most of the institutes are available all in one place. In addition, the campus is also a recreational area. Whether it be a Mensa party, playing soccer, or unwinding with a cup of coffee - anything is possible.
The first Austrian university to offer a medical degree program according to the Bachelor/Master's education system
Certified by the Austrian Federal Ministry for Families and Youth as a "Family-Friendly University"
The quality management system has received an international quality seal award (aaq). The evaluation report is available at: http://aaq.ch/verfahrenberichte/ - "Quality Audit".