In a nutshell, informative & surprising: Here are some interesting facts and figures about the JKU:
4 + 3
- Faculty of Social Sciences, Economics & Business (SOWI, founded 1966)
- Faculty of Law (RE, founded 1975)
- Faculty of Engineering & Natural Sciences (TN, founded 1969)
- Faculty of Medicine (MED, founded 2014)
23,000 enrolled students:
- LAW: 20 institutes, 7,300 enrolled students
- MEDICINE: 16 institutes, 750 enrolled students
- ENGINEERING & NATURAL SCIENCES: 58 institutes, 5,100 enrolled students
- SOCIAL SCIENCES, BUSINESs & ECONOMICS: 34 institutes, 6,800 enrolled students
- ALL UNIVERSITY: School of Education, 3,700 enrolled students
Over 14% of the student body at the JKU consists of international students from 100 different countries
Budget for the 2019-2021 performance agreement period: approx. 497 millions euros.
2 Wittgenstein Award Winners (Prof. Widmer / Artifical Intelligence; Prof. Sariciftci / Renewable Energies)
150 - 50 - 1026
Collaboration with over 150 universities, partnership agreements with universities in 50 countries, and 1026 English-language courses offered during the academic year
1 (of a Kind)
The JKU campus is unique in Austria as most of the institutes are available all in one place. In addition, the campus is also a recreational area. Whether it be a Mensa party, playing soccer, or unwinding with a cup of coffee - anything is possible.
The first Austrian university to offer a medical degree program according to the Bachelor/Master's education system
Certified by the Austrian Federal Ministry for Families and Youth as a "Family-Friendly University"
The quality management system has received an international quality seal award (aaq). The evaluation report is available at: http://aaq.ch/verfahrenberichte/ - "Quality Audit".