The course is split into two parts
- Lecture (first half of the semester), covering (among others) the following topics:
- General Security Issues in Clouds
- Establishing Trust (TPMs, TEE, ...)
- Key Management in Clouds
- Trustworthy Storage
- Computations in Privacy: Cryptography and limits of computability in privacy
The lecture part closes with a (mandatory) practical class, with the discussion of solutions for an exercise sheet, covering the topics of the lecture part
- Student presentations (second half of the semester)
The grading is based on two components:
- Exercise Sheet
There will be an exercise sheet in Moodle, to apply the techniques learned during the lecture part in practice.
Maximum points: 20.
At least 5 points are needed from the exercise sheet to pass the course.
- Student Presentation
Every student has to present a topic of their choosing, with a list of suggested topics provided.
Each student will be allocated 15minutes for their presentation, including time for discussion (aim for about 13min presentation and 2min discussion).
There are 3 criteria to score points with the presentation. Each criterion allows for a maximum of 10 points. A fourth criterion can lead to point deduction.
1) Content: completeness, consistency, comprehensiveness, ... (max. 10 points)
2) Slide design: typos, figures (make sure to use vector image formats for scalability), consistency of font, font sizes, line styles, graphical elements, use of references (for everything, in particular pictures) (max. 10 points)
3) Presentation style: speak to the audience, don't just read your slides, … (max. 10 points)
4) Duration: points will be deducted if you diverge significantly from the set timeframe. (loss of points for presenting < 10 minutes or > 15 minutes)
For the evaluation of references, please upload all your sources as PDFs, or in case of weblinks, add a text file with the respective weblinks.
Maximum points: 30
At least 12 points are needed from the presentation to pass the course.
The overall grade is computed from the total score 0 ≤ s = x + y ≤ 50 points, and gives the grade according to the following table:
Score s / 50 x 100%
Necessary conditions to pass:
- At least 5 points are needed from the exercise sheet to pass the course.
- At least 12 points are needed from the presentation to pass the course.
- Your presence is required for at least 4 of the 6 presentation days to pass the course.
Attendance for the lecture part is not compulsory.