Fast and Easy Steps to Study Abroad!
Have you already decided which university or universities you would like to attend? Then it's time to submit your application! Here you will learn everything you need to know about the application procedure.
How do I apply?
Complete the online application form
When completing the application form, keep the following close by and on hand:
- Passport size photo
- Letter of Intent in the language of instruction and in English, in the event that English is not the language of instruction
- Intended (general) courses you wish to take at the partner university as part of your Letter of Intent
- Current CV in the language of instruction and in English (please use the Europass CV)
- Current transcripts (available in KUSSS; download under Document Services)
- Proof of language sufficiency, if not acquired as part of your studies and therefore not listed in your academic transcripts
Apply for a spot in the exchange program for the following academic year (i.e. include already for SS as well).
These are the deadlines for the first application round:
- December 1 for North America, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa, ISEP, Global Business, and double degree programs
- January 31 for all other spots in the exchange program
- April 30 for the University of South Bohemia in České Budějovice (Biological Chemistry and Bioinformatics)
After the initial nominations have been awarded (at the end of March) you can still apply for any open spots, but no later than April 30 for the Winter Semester or by September 30 for the Summer Semester. It's necessary for you to double-check the application deadline of the prospective university in order to avoid deadline conflicts! You can find this information on the study abroad Info Platform.
- To increase your chances of getting the spot you want, select your 3 top choices.
- Use the JKU app to calculate your grade point average and download your transcripts in order to see the ECTS credits!
- If you apply for an ISEP program, there are additional questions! See the ISEP info sheet for detailed information.
- Stay abroad as part of the exchange program cannot be extended. The maximum duration is 1 year.
- You may not attend two universities consecutively - one semester must be completed at the JKU in between (exception: Global Business programs).
- You can apply to study abroad several times. Initial applications will, however, be given priority.
- Grade point average
- Academic progress (employed, volunteer activities will be taken into account)
- Motivation and intended courses (particularly for the university you wish to attend)
- Language proficiency
- Number of applicants