Submit an application at any time. If approved, you will be admitted to the university for the semester in which admission was approved. Please note that the procedure may take a considerable amount of time and you can only start your studies at the beginning of the standard, scheduled semester.
The admissions application must be submitted to the university you plan to attend. If you wish to earn a degree at the JKU, address the admissions application to the Vice-Rector for Academic Affairs and submit the application in person at the JKU's Admissions Office or electronically (individuellestudien(at)jku.at).
The application must include:
- the application form, opens a file, completed and signed
- the curriculum, including the qualification profile
- if the degree program is to be completed at more than one university, please submit the allocation of subjects from the universities involved and the corresponding curricula
- a list of successfully passed examinations taken at other post-secondary educational institutions (include certificates of academic achievement, transcripts).
Following a referral to the corresponding study committee(s), the Vice-Rector for Academic Affairs will render a decision regarding admission to the independent degree program. The proposed curriculum will be reviewed with regard to the following points in particular:
- if the learning outcomes for the individual curriculum could also be attained as part of an existing academic degree program, taking existing customized options (electives, autonomouse coursework credit, change of subjects and courses, etc.) into account;
- if the individual, customized curriculum is equivalent to currently existing subject-related studies (learning outcomes, workload, level of education, structure and the composition of subjects and modules, etc.);
- whether or not the qualification profile in question demonstrates new educational innovation, and if the combination of the subjects and modules is scientifically valid and can convey the educational content, skills and expertise defined in the qualification profile.